Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Love in the Time of Covid (3/17/2020). -M.Weisgerber.

What is love, what is love,
what is time dear baby, in the time of di-sease?
(Better yet, what is this feeling, growing inside of me?)

Another day, and the sun still rise,
I see it from my window, the people yelling down the hall.

Prayers for the day, but questions linger on the mind

For I knew a girl, she met a man just a week ago
They hung, he with a corgi, she with a feeling deep inside

Had pulled her to me, now she got to hide,
What started as a laugh turned into a gaff,

Now they spend all week hiding, getting high.

What is love, what is time dear baby, in the time of Covid?
When a very kiss is poison on the breeze.

I met a girl, she wear a mask,
she invite me out, come get smashed.

Temptation rising, heat of the body crying
Oh, what is this feeling inside of me?

For what is love; what are days in the plague time, baby?
When a very fuck is safer than a sneeze.

God reaches out a finger, and we all can pause.
God offers a hug, and we are enthralled.

I love her now, and it seems that God has come to
love us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment