Sunday, March 29, 2020

Death March (3/29/19). -M.Weisgerber

On that beach (which one?)
the one that matters, the one you won my heart on
Over, as the waves crashed,
on, as the waves smashed.
I there died, and yet was so oft reborn.

I would carry you tomorrow, I would, all the Seattle sunrise fine,
take and make you, that Sound woman I always knew and ever thought you'd be.
I can't spell, I can't make that woman understand (or myself)
Instead upon another island, another beachside nearing.

I matched them fine,
I felt the long lanes till Diamond Head,
There was a chapel there,
Fake sand, imported from elsewhere

I walked and walked and walked.
I died along that long hike,
didn't I tell you?
didn't you notice, as I neared?

How did I know she chased?
How did I know that she would always love,
until she didn't, until I
oh, stupid I, foolish I, until I died.

Just kill the part inside, just take that part that I,
would have to offer,
have offered evermore.

Take me love, until I keel over,
surfside.

No comments:

Post a Comment