Thursday, April 9, 2020

Listening to a Link in the Park (this and every other Night) (4/9/2020). -M.Weisgerber

Righteous hard, flowing fast now,
calling you out, spelling each little letter,
the datum line its pointing
(even if it was the only thing I do, I can do for you)
for now and evermore.

What did you ever learn about my time, my people,
The five hundred days of solitude, insanity rising,
(I'm sure it was a moon cycle somewhere, orbs floating past)
Those were just the start - the real trial was feeling you close,
waiting patiently, the waves, reverberation aligning

I spent a hundred lifetimes there, despair thus weeping out, down
You were there on the couch, when my sister doth crawled by,
Been crawling this land, feeling the fool
Inside my head now;
what did you see when the son went up?

Spent twice as long, considering every bend of your shoe,
boots on, laces tight: ignoring the scent of sweat in the night.
A shift in the morn, the way you look before the mirror.
I have a name, a face, feelings, sure - caring all the same
Trade it all, burn it twice again mayhap, just for a lock of hair

Its memory; its this little black cat familiar and a ly calling,
Its this time, this place, the way the rays land upon my face,
A holler in the dark, social distance in the park,
Where finally everyone is looking more like me;
masks on, waiting for the gone. 

They arn't lost babe (sometimes wish they were)
Gone shaman babe, figured it out just the same
With you still here; gods, how this is starting to feel
some word lost to time, rolling on, endless sure
that one word, whose name I'm starting to

forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment