Wednesday, April 22, 2020

2019 (4/22/2020). -M.Weisgerber

Hey love, did you want me to come to your presentation?
"What, NO, now go away, why would you ever ask?"

Me standing there beside the reflection, watching your petty fears, seeing
that box your painted yourself into catching up along with the days
and all the nights we shoulda spent crying.  I miss you so much, that
the ride of my heart sings along with the song trailing fast alongside
of my mind - oh how it hurts.  Oh how, foolish this will look when we
look back on the time, ignoring all the other ways we shifted
and sighed..

Me standing here, knowing I wouldn't be invited anyways.
But there I go, loving you again, being taken by the small simple things,
the way your voice, your shift of hips takes me in the eve,
when your annoyed, when you break into sudden cheerful happiness!

Hey love, I
Hope you know that I always got caught up in the
little things that made you you.  The holidays, where
all your simple cheer, and smiles, and the way you pulled on through
a wife
a former wife
was enough to startle me into motion, keep this flooded engine going, and
for a little while, turn the world upon its
axis.

No comments:

Post a Comment