Friday, September 4, 2020

Untitled for a Change (8/5/2020). -M.Weisgerber

Babe, there's a crescent forming on my face, there's a shift
occurring all over the place dear love, these faults
the lines are being drawn, growing wide, yawning
in the dark times of our lives.

Love, as I lay down there's something that opened up wide dear, a
hate that I didn't know was me taking over, there's
a simple time where we used to try, a 
fallow light in the hardest dark, there's 

a promise that remain there, yes something somehow unknowingly kept.  

There's a triggered smile growing on my face, there's magic happening here yes
all over the place again; round these parts the moon over the needle tonight,
a love that's a rising, an attempt at the simple trying, oh love
take this hand - take life back to a steadier shape, a trace.

Falling back into the sky again, tilting toward the all the cracks I knew not
were my own.
Watch the engine lean back toward the red line, screaming, wallowing.

Dear love, in the dark beside your bed I woke to
new passions, a fire growing inside,  I think I saw
no moon there from your window - I think it faced too far Northward, towards lee side.
I went to your porch and gazed longingly for its face, a 

feeling I suspected I would feel about your name, your place out here dear love, I
worried what it mean, I wished, hoped so that you would take my hand that
you would not let me go, that you'd always remember to call out my name, I
didn't know how hard to try, I didn't know the married life.  

You didn't want to leave, no I could not drag you, I
didn't know his name, I didn't know such shared pain, I didn't know all the ways a man
could take you.  Yes, you spoke soft words, yes your journal it spilled wide, but
babe understanding comes slow to those newly invested in the light.  

There is something growing below her belly now, love, there is
a navel stretching wide there is my hope for you carried strong, there is
a fist that rises to wrong, there is a simple me finally beginning to heal, wanting you
craving that way you used to look, with suspicion still in your eye.

I needed your kind attempt at staying, if just friends for one short life.  

So out to your porchstep, down to the drive; out past the grass that 
last I cut, love to where I found something inside.  It was there, it isn't here, its
anywhere your footsteps shall fall.  Looking thin, seeming chipper, I

think I'm starving myself to death these days.  

Adieu.  
Amen for a little while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment