Monday, December 7, 2020

Last Day (5/19/2020). -M.Weisgerber

Take as long as you need, she said, meaning
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE.
It’s her female palpations falling out of sync again I'm told, I’ve heard;
a simple brain thing I’ve insisted upon seeing, even if I believe da negative.
 
Even if the stars suddenly spell her name out in the sky, even if the moon
falls and crushes everything in this land; my hand reaching forth to draw, 
to claw out the very letters in sand or flesh or heart -
oh love, I know what it is to scream out at the moon in the dark.

For I am (she is and yet can be!)
loudica, fondica, manic & proud.  I have several guitars up upon my wall. 
Don't play the piano, don't you dare now touch my art, cant shift the near 
table set (don’t move the welcome mat) or you’ll only break my heart.
Dont pray w/ me, cant stay w/ me, don’t be any way or in my way or else.

Come into my home where I can hurry you out, come
into my chest, where I can bury you rottenest deep, clean up all
yes all my housewares, wherein so you can loose your mind,
pet my dog now and then no more (know only she'll forever be mine)
 
I'll be there for you, she cried, meaning I'm on my own again, same as 
when I started to see the flailing simple be, same as the cutting of grass, 
falling on my ass when I slip upon the tall steps, a cactus prick, the cat is 
sick; on leaving this seedling heart where she can find it, & grow it quick.
 
Fall fast with me, she said, meaning:
you saw me run once so get your count-down timer ready, its
coming soon like nobody's Jesus, just make believe Sunday someday, so 
prep your heart, beware your mind – know that you will never be a mine.

Still in these moments I love her, still now she makes me proud, still
yes my heart is failing  fast yet I cannot shift the prow, the snow 
accumulates on the back porch don’t put it on the shelf, dear loveliest of 
craven dravens held – don’t do this to yourself.
 
Don’t fly down fastest back roads, don’t once more change your name, 
don’t be anything but stunning, blame only me & myself this moniker my 
shame & the lost words so don’t consider doing it to your yes so be that 
you my love what is simply found simply cant be unlost (not yet anyway)
 
…at least, not if the heart it stands & is true. 
(Let it stand.  True.)

No comments:

Post a Comment