Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Other Worlds than These (5/19/2020). -M.Weisgerber

If a rabid rhinoceros was to have trampled you, run you down there back in June,
They would have given me time, let me cry, lick the many wounds maybe, but
been pushing me fast towards the door just all the simple same.

If a flock of hummingbirds carried you away on a sultry September eve, they
would have possibly considered letting me back for a moment, most of my life out there in boxes
upon the front lawn, anywhere else - confused at why I even bothered.

(I don't know why you hung out the zoo so much those days, or
why all the animals are out upon the loose, but its a funny thing to consider just the same)

----------------------------------------


If that car crash had killed you once upon a Thanksgiving sadness, no one
would have liked me there, all guarded eyes, shocked at my tears and passions
and many kind Christian words still left to say. 

If this thing going round now were to take you soon, they would be angry I even noticed
dared to speak aloud your name.
No allowances, remittances - just go far and far away.

(It all feels like hate now, and I dont think
those cold and heavy weights best suit any of you)

---------------------------------------- 


Is this any way to live: surely not!
This is the life of fear between diving boards so long, but its love dear darling, it
was worth it for your flame, worth it for the chance to be better than the same.

It is what I tried to explain all along, why I thought your foolish ways of running
wouldn't do any good in the end.  If God draws all children, and its later then back to games,
how do we manage, what crosses will be left then there to carr-y?

(So yes, I found the lessons, got back to that point I always needed yet to be,
your still alive though, still bogeying, yet none of it feels tame)

----------------------------------------

Still, five years on I will still love you just the same, fifty years on I will
still be proud to carry our time, such jokes, the laughs, whatever you call yourself these days
be the man you helped build, shift, make, always with banner held high.

So pass on in whatever manner you best think there will suit you - I promise
I wont give up upon the hope; the Godsong still is calling.
The reason is simple, the truth not soon forgot: our time it mattered, for in the end

there are other worlds, than these.