Sunday, June 10, 2012

Royal Woods - M.Weisgerber


There is a girl, who managed to earn a place under my skin
Not sure with fine precision or just weakness of mind;
She is there to stay, to root around like so many gerbils nesting.
Held precious, but mentally removed with much disdain.

Held, I say, because I asked her to enter and stay,
made room amongst all the decent clutter.
Precious, I say, because I realized far too late
what little that was caught, was far more than friendship.

I...

I dreamed of my city darkly, no windows;
everywhere an endless sea of wood beams.
People smirking over a cup of tea.
Always watching; a faint glow that was all becoming.

I meander here along a Seine that never existed,
dreading the waking, and the screaming that follows.
Saw her hair at a distance, riding that broken red bicycle
and always seeming to ride away, always laughing so.

Follow me down, past the edge of the quai's,
to where our favorite colors collide, hallucinogen times;
those crafting a scene I will remember when down,
drawn up and drugged against a better state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment