Tuesday, June 5, 2012

i've lost you in some forgotten land - m.weisgerber


maybe in some faraway place I will find you
And be allowed to take you home
or at least, catch your gaze in my eye
your lips, one last time, to remember what its like to hear you speak my name
three syllables spoken softly, please

i wish i could remember what it was like to hold you close
held a blade in your stead, its long sinews singing for reprise
you, probably, have watched a hundred times from your lofty cloud,
and begged a hundred more in your own silent prayer as i replaced its gentle gleam
to unfold it yet again, while whispering my own quiet reminders

i suppose i should have always known, that i could fall for blonde hair and blue eyes
for reckless hate, and a fear that comes from sadistic smiles
exchanges help, however, and keep us alive: human once again if only for a little while

you once asked me to make that final change.

while you pray in joyful love, i will show how much a forgotten face can still mean
i  will give up forever, if just to touch you once more, softly
with only the back of my hand, while you however, only gave up a simple body for a simple boy
and now, i will give it all away, carry your memories up to the sky

take me for one last dance, cold friend
and tell me how much regret, and sweetness, and sadness can all partake here in this single moment
a lost artist with the ability to create no more
but enough courage to draw a few more simple lines

No comments:

Post a Comment